Wednesday 26 May 2010

Armatures and Embryos

This whole 'having a day job' thing really gets in the way sometimes, but in amongst being busy for the first time in years, I have managed to find some time for some modelling.

A little news first; I've been wasting money that I'm calling 'capital' to stop myself feeling bad about blowing money on toys. Thus I'm know the owner of a shiny new razor saw, so I can actually cast multipart models, as well as my first batch of silicone and resin, and some accoutrements for using these things. I just need an [expletive] day off to actually have a go with them. Hopefully I'll be able to put something about that up friday.

More importantly, as I mentioned last time, work has started on some more tree-things, and there's planning and sketching for more variety of things too [I'm itching to have a crack at some from of monster, or some sci fi stuff]

So these are some photos of early work on the treeman, however, at this stage, I decided I hated it [the legs anyway]. No great loss, and I'd rather rework something than produce crappy models.










Below are some pics of the updated version, from the wire armature, to basic shape and a test on the bark for this model.


















Also some work on the lesser treemen, they photos are ropey, but it's just basic shapes awaiting detail.




So that's it. This sentence should come below that last pic, but I can not get my head round the layout shizzle right now.

-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment